The Grand Pavilion Matlock Bath

 

Heritage

The Grand Pavilion was built in 1910, medical putting on plays and concerts. During both wars the building was used to support the nation’s serving forces through various events such as patriotic films shows and fundraising concerts and by providing space for serving officers to organise and feed their men. After the Second World War, for sale the building declined over time, eventually being taken over in poor condition when the council granted Phil Grey a lease. He ran it very successfully until his sudden death in 1992. After his death, Sue Grey took over the lease, later on the building’s main hall on the first floor became a nightclub, which closed in 2008.

The charity [link to legal page] which owns The Grand Pavilion is running it profitably and professionally, putting on live music performances, exhibitions, pantos, plays, musicals and art events to raise money for decorating, repairing, maintaining and restoring [link to plans page] this incredible building. To find out more about the restoration project why not subscribe to our blog, join as a Friend from just £10 per year including special benefits or come on one of our regular free building talks and tours.

Our building is also home to The Peak District Lead Mining Museum  – a very successful, award-winning museum with great visitor reviews!

Sign-up for announcements